Probiotics represent a significant health concept of the 21st century and are crucial for human health and longevity. As early as late 1990s, JGL realized the importance of pharmaceutical probiotic products for preserving good health, interweaving its extensive experience and knowledge into the JGL probiotic family. Each JGL probiotic is characterized by carefully selected strains, with clinical evidence of efficiency, safety and forms suitable for both children and adults.
In that context, JGL developed and marketed several probiotic concepts under the common slogan - take care of your health the intelligent way:
- for women's intimate health
- for protection and restoration of intestinal flora with collateral effects:
- in case of diarrhoea and dehydration
- during antibiotic therapy
- during the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders
- during prevention and treatment of atopic diseases
- during bloating and indigestion.
Due to the complexity of production and exceptional demands for quality, only a few companies in the world are capable of developing and producing probiotic strains, and even fewer can ensure the pharmaceutical quality of probiotics. For this reason, JGL has carefully selected a partner for its probiotic products. Additionally, JGL was the first in Croatia and among the first in the world to protect the package of each of its probiotics by a special infrared code, which ensures authenticity and originality of the product on all markets.
- PROLIFE, the first probiotic launched by JGL, has for more than a decade been among most popular and most prescribed probiotics for regulating intestinal flora, especially in cases of diarrhoea.
- LACTOGYN is the first and only probiotic with both oral and vaginal application, providing users with exceptional comfort. It is intended for restitution and protection of vaginal microflora, hygiene and protection of women's intimate health. LACTOGYN includes two probiotic strains, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14, the only strains in the world which have been scientifically proven to inhabit the vaginal mucous membrane after oral intake and to help restore vaginal microflora. In addition to oral and vaginal capsules, Lactogyn offers an intimate soap for everyday care and hygiene and a moisturizing gel for intimate areas.
- NORMIA is a probiotic concept intended for restoring and protecting intestinal microflora. It is used on infants, children, pregnant women, nursing mothers and adults. The NORMIA probiotic concept is the only probiotic product which contains the most extensively researched strains of LGG and BB12, the strains with most synergically proven effects. ORS NORMIA from the family of JGL probiotics is a unique product, and the first one combine the bags of probiotics LGG and BB12 and bags of electrolytes, thus ensuring a double effect: restoration of intestinal microflora and rehydration. NORMIA capsules and NORMIA bags have a positive role in restoring intestinal microflora and in reducing diarrhoea caused by antibiotics.
With its work in the sector of probiotics and with the development of new probiotic concepts, JGL proved to be an authority in innovation in this field. Today JGL occupies the leading position in the entire segment of pharmaceutical probiotics in most of Southeastern Europe and is an indisputable leader in the segment of probiotics intended for the protection of vaginal microflora. Our work on probiotics will continue and we expect new probiotics in the JGL probiotic group soon.